The European Volunteer Centre (CEV) organises a conference on volunteering in culture coinciding with the European Year of Cultural Heritage. The aim of this event is to identify what are the specificities of volunteering in culture where the beneficiaries of the activities are not as visible as in other kinds of volunteering such as social activities. At the same time, It will also consider the significant role of this type of volunteering to promote intercultural dialogue, human rights and social values.
Participants of this event will learn:
- How the well-being of volunteers in culture can be protected and how the question of their skills development can be best approached.
- The motivation of volunteers in culture, sometimes related to their passions and interest in art or history, will be discussed and how this aspect needs to be addressed when managing volunteers engaged in the cultural field will be examined.
The conference takes place on 19-20 April in Rijeka and this is the programme:
- 14.00 Welcome Addresses & Introductions
- 14.30 Setting the scene: Explanation what are European Capital of Culture & European Year of Cultural Heritage
- 14.45 Keynote plenary interventions with case studies on: Institutions, NGOs and Events
- 16.30 Break
- 17.00 Parallel workshops: Large Scale cultural events, Volontourism in the culture sector, Validation and Recognition of skills and competences
- 19.30 Cultural Programme and Dinner
- 09.00 Warm Up Dynamics from Training Team
- 09.15 Parallel workshops: Volunteer management Part time Part I, Volunteer management Full time Part I and Volunteering for intercultural dialogue
- 10.45 Break
- 11.00 Parallel workshops: Volunteer management Part time Part II, Volunteer management Full time Part II and European Capitals of Culture
- 12.30 Closing
- 13.30 Optional afternoon programme: Boat trip Coastline with lunch
You can look at the full programme.
The registration is free.